Where television is fantastic and is way ahead of film, is it doesn’t feel the need to polarize women so much. Male writers, and I say this with all love and respect, often want to make a woman either the angel or the whore, make her the witch or put her on a pedestal. They’re not mutually exclusive. You don’t have to be practical and politically savvy and not be a good person. You can be a good human being and just be shrewd. We are as complex and contradictory as the men. - Natalie Dormer
Movies Watched in 2014 | Wreck-it Ralph
" I’m bad, and that’s good. I will never be good, and that’s not bad. There’s no one I’d rather be than me."
100 Follower Book Giveaway!!
I hit 100 followers much, MUCH sooner than I expected. So, to celebrate, I’m holding my first ever giveaway! Every one of these is one of my favorites, and I absolutely am excited to share them with any one of you beautiful people. :D
The books in question:
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell • The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline • Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey • Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass • Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson • Warrior by Marie Brennan • Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden • Delirium by Lauren Oliver • Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- The prize is any one of the above books! Or, if none of them suit your fancy, you may name one of your choice, as long as it’s under $20 on Book Depository. Unless it hits outside my price rage, you may choose between paperback or hardcover.
- Open internationally! As long as Book Depository ships to your country; you may want to check.
- Must be following me, just-one—more-page, only to keep it fair to those who made this possible. I’ll be checking! (If it’s a secondary blog, the link to it must be somewhere on your primary so I can tell it’s you.)
- You may enter by liking or reblogging this post, and multiple reblogs are allowed. But please be courteous to your followers, and try to avoid spamming them.
- Please enter with your actual blog. No giveaway blogs!
- I will choose the winner via a random number generator from the notes.
- When a winner is chosen, they will have 48 hours to respond and claim their book.
- If the first winner does not answer, I will randomly choose another winner and continue that way until someone does reply.
- Please make sure your ask box is open! Otherwise I will not be able to notify you if you won.
- You must be comfortable with giving me a shipping address. I won’t keep it or do anything with it, I promise. <3
- The giveaway ends at 12:00AM EST on September 1st!
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! The best of luck to you, and may your books never fail to touch your heart. :)
**ENDING IN JUST UNDER 24 HOURS!**
get to know me meme: [7/10] favorite movies
THE NOTEBOOK — “My Dearest Allie. I couldn’t sleep last night because I know that it’s over between us. I’m not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I’ll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I’ll be seeing you. Noah”
oth meme: ten scenes [3/10] » nathan and haley finally see each other again after nathan being kidnapped
→ ”Thank you for coming home to me.”
get to know me meme: [7/10] favorite movies » How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
The one night we even thought about getting close to having sex, all right, she up and decides she’s going to nickname my penis “Princess Sophia.” You wanna talk about shooting a man’s horse? WHOP!
Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you… I had to see you. I have fought against my better judgment, my family’s expectations, the inferiority of your birth by rank and circumstance. All these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony.